Did you know that the word acai means the fruit that cries water? What better way to honor this amazing super-food than to create a list of the ways you can incorporate it into your diet this summer? From breakfast to dessert, we’ve found some mouth watering recipes that are both refreshing and healthy. Plus, speaking of antioxidants, Nouráge is chock-full of them, including the “beauty berry” that you will find in the recipes below. By combining antioxidants, amino acids, and omega fatty acids, acai effectively slows down the aging process unlike anything that you find in other food. So, up the ante with the amazing acai berry this summer and reap the benefits!
1. Acai Vegan Cheesecake
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 1 cup of almonds
- ¼ cup of raisins
- ¼ cup of dried coconut
- 1 pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 2 ½ cups of soaked cashews
- ½ cup of coconut cream
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- Acai powder
- 100g of blueberries
- In a large bowl cover cashews with cold water and leave to soak overnight (or for a minimum of 5 hours).
- Discard the stones from medjool dates and place into food processor.
- Add the almonds, raisins, dried coconut & salt, then blitz until the nuts have broken down and the mixture starts to come together.
- Pour the mixture into a springform pan and push down with the back of a spoon, making sure that it is evenly spread.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Drain the water from bowl of cashews.
- Once roughly dried, pop them into the food processor along with everything else (making sure the coconut oil is melted).
- Turn on the food processor and leave it until cheesecake mixture is smooth and creamy (no lumps should be visible).
- Get the base out of the fridge and pour cheesecake mixture over the top.
- Spread it evenly and then sprinkle a few blueberries on top.
- Using your finger submerge the blueberries roughly halfway through the mixture.
- Using a spoon, smooth over the top of the cheesecake, making it as level as possible.
- Decorate with rim with coconut flakes or fruit topping.
- Leave out for a minimum of 3 hours and enjoy.
2. Acai Cashew Bites
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons acai powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey (or agave)
- 1 lime, both juice and finely grated zest
- Start by adding the cashews, shredded coconut and acai powder to a food processor and pulse until the mixture has turned into a fine meal.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until everything is well combined and roll the mixture into small balls. If you want to add the berry coating then simply roll the acai bites in the freeze-dried berries – you can give the berries a quick blend in the food processor to turn them into a fine meal.
- Put the acai bites in a lidded container lined with baking paper and place them in the freezer for at least 20 minutes before serving, enjoy!
3. Acai Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 2 Cups Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Package of Acai Smoothie Mix (Frozen), Defrosted
- 1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
- Your Choice of Berries / Fruit
- Place the Greek yogurt in a bowl and mix in acai smoothie mix and agave nectar.
- Place first layer of yogurt mixture into the bottom of a cup and top with granola and fruit.
4. Acai Chocolate Cups
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter (optional)
Put all ingredients in a saucepan and cook on a low to medium heat, stirring quite regularly. If it’s too thick, add more coconut oil, if it’s too runny, add more cacao powder, and if you like it sweeter, add more maple.
Acai Mixture Ingredients:
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 dates
- 1 tbsp almond butter (you can use any nut butter)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 4 acai capsules, opened and sprinkled in
- 1 probiotic capsule (optional) (opened and sprinkled in)
- 1 frozen banana (chopped and frozen the night before)
- Put all the ingredients into your food processor or blender, in the exact order as they appear, and start blender on a low speed and increase gradually. Once creamy, pour into a bowl and top with anything you like such as nuts, seeds, goji berries, fruit, or granola.
- Add a spoonful of the chocolate sauce to the bottom of each muffin case (which should be placed in a cupcake baking tray) and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once frozen, add a spoonful of the smoothie as the next layer, and freeze for a further 30 minutes.
- Once this layer is frozen, add one more layer of chocolate to the top and freeze again.
- Once ready, remove from the muffin cases and place in a container.
- Keep in the freezer
5. Raspberry Acai Frozen Margaritas
- 4 oz. Trop50 Raspberry Acai
- 1 oz. tequila
- .5 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 5 fresh raspberries
- Smash the raspberries with a fork and stir them into the lime juice. Strain the raspberry-lime mixture into a glass of ice.
- Add the Trop50 Raspberry Acai, white tequila, triple sec, and simple syrup.
- Stir and serve.