Whole food nutrition
- Eat plants-lots of them. Vegetables will detoxify, strengthen and boost numerous functions within your body.
- Eat healthy fats in the form of avocados, nuts and seeds to make an impact to your hair, skin and nails.
- Be sure to get enough fiber in the form of beans, veggies, sweet potatoes and whole grains.
- Yes, you can eat carbs! We need healthy carbs for digestion, detoxification and heart health.
- Lastly, make sure you're getting organic and fresh sources of protein, both plant and animal forms. The body uses protein to build and repair tissues, make enzymes and balance hormones.
Once your nutritional plan is under control, it's important to choose proper supplementation. Supplements, such as Nouráge for hair health, will support you on your beauty journey. We cannot always eat perfectly or solve deficiencies. That's where supplementation can be a real game changer! A study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition proves that nutrition plays a major role in skin, hair and nail appearance, attractiveness and ability to repair and rejuvenate cells.
Now for the most important of all beauty boosters–mental wellness! Being the proud owner of positive mind + body confidence is the most important way to achieve beauty inside and out. If we wake up each day and put negative thoughts into our heads, we may never see the beauty staring back at us in the mirror. Make an effort to increase positive thoughts, emotions and take an active role in supporting your inner self talk.
About the Author Candice Witek is a holistic nutritionist, life coach, plant-based chef, MBSR facilitator and board certified health & wellness coach. Flourishing RX grew out of Candice's passion to first heal herself from a cancer diagnosis then, help others live happier healthier lives. www.flourishingrx.com