1. When it comes to falsies, you get what you pay for. Do your research and compare prices, but don’t go for the cheapest option. You want to make sure your eyes are in good hands, so this is the time to splurge for good service.
2. Professionalism is key. Make sure your technician is a licensed esthetician and has the proper training to apply lashes.
3. Keep ‘em clean! Lashes should be washed daily with a gentle mixture of ⅓ baby shampoo and ⅔ water. This will protect the quality of the lashes and your eye health.
4. Oil-based products are not your friend. Products with oils - which technically include mascara - can make your lash extensions quickly fall out after application. Check the ingredients in your face washes, creams, and moisturizers to be sure; if they contain oil, keep them away from your lash line.
5. Maintenance is the name of the game. If you’re going to commit to lash extensions, either go big or go home. While it can be pricey, it’s important to maintain them every 2-3 weeks. Otherwise, they will look sparse and messy.